Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu announced on 20 May 2023 that it will formulate a ‘Green Hydrogen’ policy to promote the use of green hydrogen and establish the state as a leading center for its production.
Read also:- Nuclear Fusion
An Overview of the News:
- State Chief Minister Sukhu said in a statement that the state’s abundant renewable energy resources, including ample sunlight, water and wind, make the state an ideal location for generating green hydrogen.
- This initiative of the state will not only contribute to the global fight against climate change but will also make the state a leader in sustainable development.
Read also:- Great Green Wall Initiative
An agreement with OIL:
- The state government has signed an MoU with Oil India Limited (OIL) for the production of green hydrogen.
- OIL has shown interest in setting up a plant in the state that will produce green hydrogen for ethanol production.
- As per the initiative of the state government, this alternative fuel can be used as a replacement for petrol.
Read also:- The Evolution of the Earth
- Capital : Shimla
- Governor: Shiv Pratap Shukla
- Chief Minister: Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu
- Seat in Lok Sabha: 4
- Seat in Rajya Sabha: 3
- Seat in the Legislative Assembly: 68
Read also:- Temple Architecture Of India
Green Hydrogen Policy, Green Hydrogen Policy