MPPSC Syllabus 2023: Check MPPCS Prelims & Mains Syllabus in detail, GS Paper I, II, III, IV, Essay, General Hindi. Get Paper wise topics for the MPPCS exam 2023.
The MPPSC PCS Exam comprises three stages and every stage has its own significance. MPPSC Exam Syllabus 2023 is released along with the MPPSC Notification 2023 by the commission on its official website. The First 2 stages of the MPPCS exam have a detailed syllabus which is covered in this article below.
|Stages||Exam||Papers & their Type|
|Stage 1||Prelims Exam||2 Papers (Objective Type)|
|Stage 2||Mains Exam||6 Papers (Descriptive Type)|
|Stage 3||Interview||Personality Test|
MPPSC Syllabus Prelims General Studies 1
We are providing you with a detailed MPPSC Syllabus Prelims Subject-wise below in the table:
|General Studies Paper I (Subject)||Detailed Syllabus|
|Indian History||Ancient and Medieval India: Major events, features and their administrative, Social and Economic Systems of, Socio Religious Reforms, Indian National Movement, Integration and Reorganization of India after Independence.|
|History of Madhya Pradesh||Major dynasties in the history of MP, MP contribution to Freedom Struggle, Major Tribes and Dialects of MP, Major arts and Sculpture of MP, Festivals, Folk music and art of MP, Tourist Places, Tribal Personalities of MP.|
|Indian Constitution||Government of India Act 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, President and Parliament, Fundamental Rights, DPSP, Fundamental Duties, amendment of Constitution, Supreme Court and Judicial System of India.|
|National and Regional Constitutional & Statutory Bodies||Election Commission of India, State Election Commission, Union Public Service Commission, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, NITI Aayog etc.|
|Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh||Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh, Three-tier System of Panchayati Raj and Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh.|
|Indian Economy||Indian Economy, Industrial Development and Foreign Trade, Import and Export, Financial Institutions- Reserve Bank of India, Nationalised Banks, SEBI, National Stock Exchange (NSE), Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFI).|
|Economy of Madhya Pradesh||Demography and Census of MP, Economic Development of MP, Major Industries of MP, Castes of MP, Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes of MP and Major Welfare Schemes of MP.|
|Geography of World||Physical Geography: Physical features and Natural regions, Natural Resources: Forest, Mineral resources, Water, Agriculture, Wildlife, National Parks/ Sanctuaries/Safari, Population related Demography, Natural and Human resources, Mountains, Plateaus, Plains etc. of the world, Natural Resources.|
|Geography of Madhya Pradesh||Forest, Forest Produce, Wildlife, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of MP, the climate of MP, Natural and Mineral resources of MP, Transport in MP, Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects, Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Agricultural industries in MP.|
|General Science and Environment||Basic Principles of Science, Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and Their achievements, Satellite and Space technology, Environment and Biodiversity, Ecological System, Nutrition, Food and Nutrients etc.|
|Information & Communication Technology||Electronics, Information and Communication Technology, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security, E-Governance, Internet and Social Networking Sites, and E-commerce.|
MPPSC Prelims Syllabus General Aptitude Test Paper 2
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy.
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level).
MPPSC Mains Syllabus 2023
|General Studies I||History, Geography|
|General Studies II||Constitution, Social Issues, Security, International Organization, Economics|
|General Studies III||General Science, Science & Technology, Environment & Sustainable Development, Reasoning & Data Interpretation.|
|General Studies IV||Human needs and motivation, Philosophers/Thinkers, Social workers/Reformers, Aptitude, Emotional intelligence, Corruption, Case studies.|
|General Studies V||General Hindi and Hindi Grammar|
|General Studies VI||Hindi Essay Writing|
General Studies Paper I (Part A) – History & Culture
- Economic, Political, Cultural and Social aspects of History between the Indus Valley Civilization to the 10th Century AD
- India’s economic, political, cultural and social aspects of history between the eleventh- and eighteenth-century AD.
- Mughal Period
- British rule and its impact on Indian economy & society.
- Peasant and tribal revolt, 1857 revolt, Indian Renaissance, Nation Freedom Struggle Movements and its prominent leaders.
- India’s Independence, Reorganization of Indian States, Formation of MP, and Major events after India got Independence.
- Independence Movement in Madhya Pradesh.
- India’s culture and heritage (with reference to MP), literature, festivals, the architecture of India and MP
- World Heritage Sites in India and MP
- Major dynasties of MP
General Studies Paper I (Part B) – Indian Geography & MP
- Major mountain ranges, plateaus, plains, rivers, lakes and glaciers of the world.
- Geographical phenomena such as volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, and cyclones.
- Major climate regions and seasons of the world, climate change and its impacts around the world.
- Monsoon, El Nino and La Nina
- Distribution of natural resources (metallic and non-metallic) around the world and India, forest resources
- Population distribution, growth, sex ratio, migration, literacy.
- Soil formation, soil composition, soil erosion, soil degradation, soil conservation planning.
- Natural Vegetation
- Water management, groundwater management, conservation of water.
- Disaster and its mitigation.
- Resource mapping and community planning.
- Remote sensing and its application
- Global Information System, at its application
- Global Positioning System and its application.
General Studies Paper II (Part A) – Indian Constitution, Governance, Political and Administrative Structure
- Constitution of India, Basic Structure, Major constitutional amendments.
- Fundamental Rights and duties, Directive Principles.
- Centre-State relations, Judiciary, Judicial Review, PIL, Lok Adalat
- Constitutional and Non-Constitutional bodies.
- Political parties
- Local government
- Participation of citizens in decision makings
- Self Help Groups, NGOs, and Community-Based Organisations.
- Role of electronic media in democracy
- Indian political thinkers such as Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Ram Manohar Lohia, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar etc.
- Principle of Public Administration, its meaning, nature and significance, the role of Public Administration in developing countries.
- Concept of Power, authority, responsibility and delegation.
- Theories of organization, unity of command and steps and areas of control
- New dimensions of public management.
General Studies Paper II (Part B) – Economics & Sociology
- Agriculture, industry and services sectors in India.
- National Income and its measurement.
- Role and function of RBI, commercial banks, monetary policy.
- Taxation in India, direct and Indirect tax, GST, fiscal policy.
- PDS, poverty, unemployment.
- Balance of payment, the balance of trade, the role of foreign capital, FDI, FII, WTO, ADB, etc
- Major crops in India and MP, cropping pattern in India and MP, horticulture, dairy, poultry, fisheries etc.
- Schemes on Agriculture
- Education and its various scenarios in India, government initiatives to promote education in India.
- Concept of Culture and civilisation, the caste system in India, Purushartha, Chatushtya, Ashram, Religion and sect influences on society and methods of marriage,
- Family courts, community development programme.
- Demography and problems related to it, health, family welfare, women’s education, disease etc.
- World Health Organisation.
General Studies Paper III – Science & Technology
|General Studies Paper III|
|PhysicsGravitational Force, Friction, Work and Atmospheric pressureUnit and measurements,Acceleration, velocity and speed.Various aspects of Sound,Electricity, circuits and types of CellsMagnetismLight and refraction and reflection.Heat, temperature and their aspects.||Information & TechnologyComputers, its types and generationsMemory of the computer, Input as well as output devicesOperating system of a computer, software as well as hardwareLanguage of Computer, compilers, translators, assemblers, and interpretersElectronic mail and the InternetWeb browsers and social media,E-governance, e-banking etc.|
|ChemistryElement, compound and mixture and its availability on the earth.Metal and Non-metals in the periodic table.Nuclear fusion and fission, atomic structure, atoms etc.pH value and acid, base and salts.Chemistry in day-to-day life||Science & TechnologyRemote Sensing and its applicationHistory of ISRO and famous scientists of IndiaSatellites and Launch VehiclesBiotechnology and its application in various sectors as health, medicine, agriculture etc.Artificial Intelligence and RoboticsPatient Rights, Intellectual Property rights and their differencesAwards in the fields of science and technology.|
|BiologyCell and their functions, animal and plants cells.Plant nutrition, balance diet, deficiency diseases, hormones etc.Human body its structure and functions.ReproductionDisease, health and hygiene||EnvironmentConcept of Environment its scope definition etc.Human activities and its impact on environment.Environment Pollution, BiodiversityDegradation of environment and its cause and effect.Green Technology for conservation of environment.Policy made by Government for Environmental protection|
Quantitative Aptitude and Statistics
- Number system
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mean, Median and Mode
General Studies Paper IV – Philosophy, Psychology & Public Administration
- Indian and Western Thinkers and reformers such as, Buddha, Mahavir, Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar, Charwak, etc.
- Aptitude, Integrity, Empathy, Impartiality, tolerance, compassion, objectivity towards weaker section.
- Emotional Intelligence and its application in administration and governance
- Elements of ethics in governance as Transparency, Accountability, Integrity etc.
- Code of conduct for civil services
- Ethical Reasoning and Moral Dilemmas.
- Effects od Corruptions, its causes, measures to minimize it, role of whistleblower, media, society etc.
- Case Study.
General Studies Paper V – General Hindi & Grammar
General Studies Paper VI – Hindi Essay Writing
Read Also: MPPSC Calendar 2023, Check MPPSC Exam Date