Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the construction of the ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, June 24.
Amit Shah lays foundation stone of ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the construction of the ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, June 24. Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha joined him at the park near Lal Chowk, the commercial center of Srinagar. This memorial is a part of the Srinagar Smart City project and serves as a tribute to the brave martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the nation. While stringent security arrangements had been put in place for the function, shops in and around the venue were open and traffic remained normal, except when it was briefly stopped at the stretch between Regal Crossing and Lal Chowk till Shah left the venue.
About Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir was a state of India until August 2019, which was bifurcated as two union territories namely Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh on 31 August 2019.
- Capital- Srinagar (May-October), Jammu (November-April)
- Lieutenant Governor – Manoj Sinha
- Legislative Council – 36 seats
- Legislative Assembly – 89 seats
- Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh High Court, Justice – Koteshwar Singh
Amit Shah lays foundation stone of ‘Balidaan Stambh’ in city