Why in news?
Recently, the Government launched the Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) fellowship programme.
About Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) fellowship Programme
- This fellowship programme is to foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing between the Indian diaspora scientists and academic institutions in India.
- Starting date: 15th June 2023
- Implementing Agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Objective: to connect the Indian STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine) diaspora with Indian academic and R&D institutions for collaborative research work leading to sharing of knowledge, wisdom, and best practices in the frontier areas of science & technology.
- Under this program, 75 selected fellows would be invited to work in 18 identified knowledge verticals.
- 18 verticals include quantum technology, health, pharma, electronics, agriculture, energy, computer sciences, and material sciences amongst others.
- The applicant should be a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), currently living abroad.
- The applicant must have obtained a Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.
- Applicant must be a researcher engaged in an overseas academic / research / industrial organization with a proven track record of research & development working in the top 500 QS World University Ranking.
- Eligibility(for Institutions): Higher Educational Institutions / Universities ranked in the top 200 in NIRF overall rankings and have NAAC ‘A’ grades (3.0 and above) and scientific institutes.
- Fellowship would include a fellowship grant (INR 4,00,000 per month), international and domestic travel, accommodation and contingencies.
Read also:- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra