Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has announced a new National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) to use technology for better learning outcomes in Higher Education.
- The plan is to employ AI to tailor learning to individual needs, making it more personal and adaptable.
- MHRD aims to recognize and consolidate Adaptive Learning technologies for easier learner access.
- It proposes to create a National Alliance with such technology developing EdTech Companies through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) will make sure that economically disadvantaged students can easily access educational solutions.
- MHRD will establish and manage a National NEAT platform where students can find all these technological solutions in one place.
- Educational technology companies will be in charge of creating these solutions and handling student registrations through the NEAT portal.
- These companies can set their own fees for their services.
- They have to give away free learning coupons equivalent to 25% of all registrations through the NEAT portal as part of their national commitment.
- MHRD will distribute these free learning coupons to students who are socially or economically underprivileged.
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will be responsible for implementing the NEAT program.