Recently, a consultation meeting of the functionaries of Child Care Institutions was held to review the effective implementation of Mission Vatsalya.
About Mission Vatsalya:-
- It’s an umbrella scheme for child protection services in the country.
- Ministry: Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Prior to 2009, the Ministry of women and child development Implemented three schemes for children in need of protection,
- The juvenile justice programme for children in need of care and protection as well as children in conflict with the law,
- The integrated programme for street children,
- The scheme for assistance to children’s homes.
- In 2010, these were merged into a single plan known as the Integrated Child Protection Scheme.
- In 2017, it was renamed “Child Protection Services Scheme,” and again in 2021-22 it was renamed as Mission Vatsalya.
- It is one of the new triad of schemes along with Mission Shakti, and Poshan 2.0.
- It aims at securing a healthy and happy childhood for every child.
- Strengthening service delivery structures
- Upscaling institutional care and services
- Encouraging non-institutional community-based child care
- Emergency outreach services
- Training and capacity building
- To secure a healthy and happy childhood for each and every child in the country.
- To ensure opportunities to enable them to discover their full potential.
- To assist States/UTs in delivering the mandate of the Juvenile Justice Act 2015.
- To achieve the Sustainable Development (SDG)goals.
- It promotes family-based non-institutional care of children in difficult circumstances.
- Under the mission, the Government plans to partner with the private sector as well as volunteer groups.