During a meeting with Vietnamese General Phan Van Gang, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh announced the forthcoming transfer of the INS Kirpan to the Vietnam People’s Navy, indicating the intent to bolster Vietnam’s naval capabilities.
Read also:- International Yoga Day 2023
Defense Minister Rajnath Singh informed Vietnamese General Phan Van Gang about the upcoming transfer of the INS Kirpan, a warship from the Khukri class commissioned in 1991, to the Vietnam People’s Navy. This transfer aims to enhance Vietnam’s naval capabilities. This announcement indicates the intent to transfer the vessel to Vietnam in order to bolster its naval capabilities.
About the meeting
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and Vietnamese General Phan Van Gang held a meeting in New Delhi to review progress on various bilateral defense cooperation efforts.
- Vietnamese defence minister visited DRDO Headquarters and discussed ways to enhance defence industrial capabilities by joint cooperation of both the countries in defence research.
Aim of the meeting
- To enhance existing areas of collaboration, especially in the field of defence industry cooperation, maritime security and multinational cooperation.
- India and Vietnam have a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership since 2016, and further defence partnerships are a key pillar to enhance the capabilities of their armed forces.
- Vietnam’s capital city is Hanoi, known for its rich history and cultural heritage.
- The currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong, which is the official currency used for simplify in the country.