Recently, Union Minister for Jal Shakti has launched the Unified Registration Portal for GOBAR-Dhan.
About the Scheme
- Ministry of Jalshakti dept of Drinking Water & Sanitation has launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) – DHAN scheme.
- The scheme is being implemented as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin).
- It was launched in 2018.
Read also:- Rural Debt Trap in India
- The scheme aims to augment income of farmers by converting biodegradable waste into compressed biogas (CBG).
- The initiative aims at attracting entrepreneurs for establishing community-based CBG plants in rural areas.
- The scheme aims to positively impact village cleanliness and generate wealth and energy from cattle and organic waste.
- The scheme also aims at creating new rural livelihood opportunities and enhancing income for farmers and other rural people.
Read also:- Water Pollution
- The programme will be implemented using SLWM funding pattern of SBM-G Guidelines.
- The total assistance under SBM (G) for SLWM projects is worked out on the basis of total number of households in each GP, subject to a maximum of Rs 7 lakh for a GP having up to 150 households, Rs.12 lakh up to 300 households, Rs. 15 lakh up to 500 households and Rs.20 lakh for GPs having more than 500 households.
- Funding for SLWM project under SBM (G) will continue to be provided by the Central and State Government in the ratio of 60:40 as per the existent formula.
- Only those Gram Panchayats which have not availed SLWM funds under SBM(G) are eligible to receive the financial assistance under GOBAR-Dhan scheme, subject to the limits of guidelines.
- However, States shall have the flexibility to provide additional funds to any GP based on viability under the scheme.
Read also:- Stages of Soil Formation
Stakeholders in the GOBAR-Dhan Scheme
- Dept of Agricultural Research and Education
- Dept of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare
- Dept of Rural Development
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Dept of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Dept of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Dept of Science and Technology
- Dept of Fertilizers
Read also:- Telangana achieves 100% coverage of PMJDY