Context:- The state government has given green signal to the project of setting up a state’s first Pharma Park in Lalitpur district of Bundelkhand.
An overview of the news
- For this, the state government will transfer 1500 hectares of land in Lalitpur district to the Animal Husbandry Department.
- The state government will spend Rs 1560 crore for development works and providing necessary facilities to the investors in Lalitpur Pharma Park.
- A proposal has been prepared to transfer the vacant land of the Animal Husbandry Department in Lalitpur to the Industrial Development Department.
- The Detail Project Report (DPR) will be prepared soon after selecting a consultant for the development of the Pharma Park.
- Entrepreneurs setting up units in Pharma Park will be given 100% exemption in stamp duty on land purchase, capital subsidy, construction of houses for laborers, employment generation etc. by the government.
First Medical Device Park in Gautam Buddha Nagar
- The Uttar Pradesh government is setting up a medical device park on 350 acres of land at the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YIDA) in Gautam Buddha Nagar.
- The park is being set up in Sector 28 of Yeida where plots have been allotted to 50 entrepreneurs so far.
- There is complete preparation to connect this park with metro, expressway, transport city and bullet train.
- A flatted factory with a common hydrant facility will also be constructed in the Medical Device Park.
- There is also a proposal to set up a police station here to help entrepreneurs.
- Uttar Pradesh has received investment proposals worth Rs 16,420 crore in the medical devices manufacturing sector at the Global Investors Summit (GIS) held in February this year.
- A total of 175 MoUs have been signed in this area. Most of these investors have expressed their willingness to set up their units in Medical Device Park and Pharma Park.
Read also: Perestroika And Glasnost