Context: The Indian Railways announced recently, that it will operate a tourist train to Kashmir Valley under the Bharat Gaurav scheme.
About the Bharat Gaurav scheme:-
- Indian Railways(Ministry of Railways) launched the operation of the theme-based Bharat Gaurav train in 2021.
- It was announced under the theme-based tourist circuit trains.
- These trains will be run, by both private players and Government.
- Under the scheme, now trains have a third segment for tourism.
- Till now, the Railways had passenger segments and goods segments.
- These trains are not regular trains that will run as per a timetable.
- It will be more on the lines of the Ramayana Express being run by the IRCTC.
- The train originates from Coimbatore.
- Tourists can board it at Erode, Salem, Dharmapuri, Hosur, Yelahanka, Perambur, Vijayawada and Warangal.
- Objective: to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav Trains.
- According to the Bharat Gaurav policy, any operator or service provider, or virtually anyone, can lease trains from Indian Railways to run on a theme-based circuit as a special tourism package.
- The tenure: a minimum of two years and a maximum of the codal life of the coach.