Context:- The Environment Minister opened the Neeli Jheel ecotourism site in the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary to the public.
- The Asola Bhatti sanctuary is situated in the South Delhi Ridge section of the Aravalli range on the Delhi-Haryana border.
- It lies in Southern Delhi as well as northern parts of Faridabad and Gurugram districts of Haryana state.
- It is spread over an area of 6,784 acres and covers 32.71 sq km.
- It is also part of the Sariska-Delhi Wildlife Corridor which runs from the Sariska Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan to the Delhi Ridge.
Protection – Mining for quartzite and sand in the area was banned in 1991.
- The Eco-Task Force of the Territorial Army has also been part of protection and plantation at the sanctuary since 2001.
- In 2019, the area around the boundary of Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary in Gurgaon and Faridabad was declared as an Eco-Sensitive Zone (ESZ).
- Flora – The type of forest in the sanctuary is identified as ‘thorny scrub’.
- A forest nursery and a seed bank were also set up at the sanctuary.
- Fauna – Leopards, striped hyena, jungle cat, golden jackal, Indian hare, Indian boar, black buck, sambar deer, spotted deer, and hog deer.
- Neeli Jheel – It has been developed as an eco-tourism site inside the sanctuary.
- Neeli Jheel is a lake formed in an abandoned mining pit.
- The 100 feet deep Neeli Jheel is an important source of water for wildlife in the sanctuary.
- Four solar-powered artificial waterfalls has been developed there, in which the water cascades down 100 feet to the lake below.
- The site will feature artificial waterfalls, selfie points, trails and facilities such as a cafeteria.
- Which state government has launched a campaign, ‘Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan’ to make daughters of the underprivileged classes capable and self-reliant?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
- A 5-day ‘Jeevan Vidya Shivir’ was organized for the teachers of government schools of which state/UT?
- The 30th National Child Science Congress has organized at which city?
- Q19. UNESCO has designated ‘Odesa’ a World Heritage in danger site. In which country is it situated?
- Which Stock Exchange has emerged as the world’s largest derivatives exchange in 2022, in terms of the number of contracts traded?
Ans: National Stock Exchange
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is celebrating its 47th Raising Day on which day?
Ans: 1st February
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) collection in January 2023 saw a significant increase, reaching over ________ crore.
Ans: Rs 1.55 lakh
- World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event observed during , after General Assembly designation in 2010.
Ans: 1-7 February
- Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman is presenting the Union Budget 2023 for the ________ time in a row.
- The Budget 2023 focuses on _______ priorities, which the FM called the “Saptrishis guiding us through Amrit Kaal”.