- Located in the eastern part of India.
- The third-largest state in India by population and the twelfth-largest by territory.
- It shares borders with Uttar Pradesh to the west, Nepal to the north, the northern part of West Bengal to the east, and Jharkhand to the south.
- Recognized as the world’s third-most populous subnational entity.
- The state features the convergence of main cultural regions, including Magadh, Mithila, and Bhojpur.
- The Bihar plain is bisected by the river Ganges, flowing from west to east.
- Ranks as the fourth-largest producer of vegetables and the eighth-largest producer of fruits in the country.
|Ethnic group||Agaria, Baiga, Bedia, Gond, Gorait, Khond, Kora, Munda, Savar, Kawar, Kol, Tharu|
|Rivers||Ganga, Saryu-Yamuna, Gandak, Kosi, Panar, Pun-Pun, Saura, Bagmati, Ghagra, Koshi, Son, Mahananda, Sapt Koshi, Bhutahi Balan|
|Art Forms||– Madhubani/Mithila painting|
– Madhubani’s marsh sikki
|Crafts||Grass is used to make baskets, dolls, toys, etc.|
Sujini Kantha embroidery is a specialization of Bihar
|Dance Forms||– Jat-Jatin dance of the Mithila region|
– Bidesia, the songs of Vidyapati
– Chau Tribal dances
– Jhijhian dance
– Kajari dance
– Sohar-khilouna dance
– Jhumeri dance
|Festivals||– Chatth Puja|
|State Flower/Tree/Bird/Animal||Genda (Marigold) / Peepal / House Sparrow / Bullock|
|Lakes||Kanwar Lake, Baraila Lake, Kusheswar Nath Lake, Udaypur Lake|
Nagi Dam, Nakti Dam (Man-Made)
|World Heritage Sites||– Mahabodhi temple complex at Bodh Gaya|
– Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University) at Nalanda
|Ramsar Sites||Kanwar Taal or Kabartaal Lake|
|Protected Areas||– Valmiki National Park (18th Tiger Reserve of India)|
– Barela Jheel Salim Ali Bird Wildlife Sanctuary
– Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary
– Gautam Buddha Wildlife Sanctuary
– Kanwarjheel Wildlife Sanctuary
– Kaimur Wildlife Sanctuary
– Kusheshwar Asthan Bird Wildlife Sanctuary
– Nagi Dam Wildlife Sanctuary
– Nakti Dam Wildlife Sanctuary
– Pant (Rajgir) Wildlife Sanctuary
– Udaipur Wildlife Sanctuary
– Valmiki Wildlife Sanctuary
– Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Wildlife Sanctuary
|GI Tags||– Madhubani Paintings<br>|
– Applique (Khatwa) Work of Bihar
– Sujini Embroidery
– Sikki Grass Products
– Bhagalpur Silk
– Applique (Khatwa) Work
– Bhagalpuri Zardalu
– Katarni Rice
– Magahi Paan
– Shahi Litchi<br>
– Silao Khaja