The “Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat” initiative, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Ekta Diwas (October 31, 2015), honors Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel’s spirit, inspired by his role as a freedom fighter. It aims to highlight India’s diverse culture and foster a strong sense of nationalism and cultural pride among its people. The scheme aims to unite citizens by celebrating diversity and promoting shared values that define our nation.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- The scheme sought to celebrate India’s diverse culture and boost patriotism and pride among its people.
- Its main goal is to build stronger cultural bridges between different regions within the country, fostering connections among people from various states.
- This initiative seeks to celebrate the harmonious blend of cultures across India and deepen the emotional bonds among its diverse populace.
- This scheme will highlight the unique cultural heritage, traditions, and customs of each state, encouraging people to appreciate and understand the country’s rich diversity. This will foster a shared sense of identity.
- The goal is to plan various events throughout the year to foster national unity and forge stronger connections among citizens from different states, including those directly under central government governance.
India is incredibly diverse, with a tapestry of cultures woven throughout its history. With technology breaking down barriers, it’s crucial to foster connections between people from various regions to strengthen bonds and build a unified nation.
To facilitate this, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched the Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat scheme. This initiative aims to inspire Indians to delve into the rich cultures of different states and Union Territories, fostering a sense of unity and pride in our collective heritage.
- Our main goal is to spread the beautiful Indian concept of “Unity in Diversity” throughout our nation.
- By embracing each state’s diverse heritage, customs, and traditions, we can strengthen our shared Indian identity.
- Through this initiative, the government is dedicated to fostering lasting connections and facilitating mutual learning experiences among different states.
- We aim to instill pride and belonging, fostering unity and a strong national identity for all.
- Encouraging cross-cultural exchanges fosters a shared sense of belonging, reinforcing national unity and solidarity.
Initiatives & Activities
- Translators converted five award-winning books, poems, and popular folk songs from one language into the partner state’s language.
- Culinary events have been organised to learn culinary practices of partner states.
- Homestay for visitors coming from partner states
- Rajya Darshan for Tourists.
- Accepting the traditional attire of other states and Union Territories.
- Exchange of information like traditional agricultural practices with partner states
Read Also: Objectives of Economic Planning in India