Context:- The second G20 Culture Group meeting, also known as the CWG meeting, took place on 14 May in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Purpose of the meeting
- The CWG meeting aims to facilitate discussion and cooperation among G20 member states on cultural issues, heritage conservation, creative industries and cultural diplomacy.
Cultural Heritage Protection
- The meeting addressed the importance of preserving and protecting cultural heritage, including tangible and intangible cultural properties.
- The discussions included topics such as heritage conservation, cultural tourism and promotion of cultural diversity.
Creative Industries and Economic Development
- The meeting explored the role of creative industries such as art, design, film, music and fashion in economic growth, job creation and innovation.
- Participants shared best practices and discussed policies to support the growth of the creative sectors.
Cultural Diplomacy and Soft Power
- The meeting recognized the role of cultural diplomacy in building bridges between nations and enhancing mutual understanding.
Youth Engagement and Cultural Education
- The meeting emphasized the importance of involving youth in cultural activities and promoting cultural education.
Outcome and Collaboration
- The outcome of the CWG meeting will be the adoption of joint statements, recommendations or action plans for cultural cooperation among G20 member states.
- These outcomes may include collaborative projects, capacity building initiatives, or cultural exchange programs.
What is the G20 Culture Group?
- The G20 Culture Group is a forum within the G20 framework that focuses on cultural cooperation and exchange.
- It brings together representatives of G20 member states to promote dialogue and cooperation in the cultural field.