World Sports Journalist Day is observed on 2nd July every year to acknowledge the work of sports journalists worldwide. Sports Journalism is a form of reporting on any sports-related topic. It is one of the essential sections of any media organization. There are huge local and national associations of journalists involved with sports news that maintain a very high standard of sports journalism. World Sports Journalists Day was first celebrated in 1994.
- Event World Sports Journalists Day 2023
- Date July 2, 2023
- Day Sunday
- Proposed by International Sports Press Association (AIPS)
- Observed by Worldwide
- Purpose of celebration To acknowledge the work of sports journalists & to encourage them to be better at their job.
- Frequency Annual
World sports journalist day was established in the year 1994 by International Sports Press Association (AIPS). The day also celebrates the creation of the association of AIPS as well. This day happens to glorify the achievement of the various sports media persons and the sports journalism industry.
World Sports Journalist Day encourages various sports journalists to set an example of their achievements in front of the world. Many athletes also tweet about this particular day to show their gratitude towards their favourite sports journalist.
- This day aims to encourage and acknowledge various sports journalists for doing their work. It is also observed to celebrate the professionals and the foundation of AIPS.
- Their coverage of international sports tournaments helps millions of people worldwide receive accurate and timely information about their favourite sports, matches, tournaments, and sports personalities.
- They also report the latest information from every sporting event of importance. The contribution of these professionals helps develop and strengthen sporting culture all around the world.
World Sports Journalists Day Celebration
- To mark and celebrate this day the sports associations worldwide organize various programs,
- This Day celebrates different kinds of achievements of various sports media members.
- Popular athletes also use this day to tweet about and show their gratitude towards their favourite sports journalist.
Read also:- Indian Wrestlers’ Protests-WFI