World Music Day, also known as Fête de la Musique, is celebrated annually on 21 June.
An Overview of the News
- The program emphasizes the impact of music and its ability to connect people universally.
- Musicians from different genres come together to showcase their talents in public areas.
- This Day promotes a vibrant and inclusive environment for people around the world to appreciate music.
- The theme for World Music Day 2022 was“Music at the Intersections”.
- The theme aims to explore and appreciate music at an intersectional level, highlighting the diverse influences and connections within music.
- The concept dates back to 1982, when French Minister of Culture Jacques Lang proposed the idea of a day dedicated to music.
- An alternative theory suggests that the festival can be traced back to 1976 when Joel Cohen proposed an all-night concert to celebrate the summer solstice.
- The first World Music Day event took place in Paris in 1982, with over 1,000 musicians performing in different parts of the city.
- Musicians of all genres and backgrounds took to the streets, parks and concert venues to share their passion for music at the opening ceremony.
Read also:- World Earth Day :22 April