Context: – World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2023 is observed globally on 28 April.
An Overviews of the News
- The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of protecting workers against occupational hazards, diseases and accidents.
- The International Labor Organization (ILO) selects the theme for the day each year, and the theme for 2023 is “A safe and healthy working environment as a fundamental principle and right at work.”
- The main goal of the event is to find viable ways to implement this essential human right in workplaces around the world.
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work emphasizes the importance of ensuring a safe and healthy working environment and provides an opportunity for individuals and organizations to advocate for measures that promote this right.
- The International Labor Organization (ILO) established the World Day for Safety and Health at Work in 2003.
- It is celebrated annually to raise awareness about the importance of safety and health in the workplace.
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work aims to highlight the need for measures that can promote a safer, healthier and more productive work environment.
International Labour Organization:
- International Labour Organization (ILO) is the only tripartite U.N. agency, since 1919. It brings together governments, employers and workers of 187 member States, to set labour standards, develop policies and devise programmes promoting decent work for all women and men.
- In May 2022, the International Labour Organization (ILO) has released the Ninth Edition of ILO Monitor on the World of Work Report, which says that after significant gains during the last quarter of 2021, the number of hours worked globally dropped in the first quarter of 2022, to 3.8% below the employment situation before the Covid-19.
Read also: East Timor:11th Member Of ASEAN