Rajasthan Public Service
HOME/RAJASTHAN PUBLIC SERVICE
Rajasthan Public Service Commission Syllabus
The Syllabus for RAS/RTS Combined Competitive Exam is set by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC).
The primary difference between the UPSC Syllabus and the syllabus for state PSC exams is that for states, candidates have to learn the topics from the state’s perspective as well.
For e.g., if candidates are preparing for RPSC, then they also need to study History, Economy, Geography, Polity, and Current Affairs related to Rajasthan state as mentioned in the RAS Syllabus.
The RAS Exam is conducted in three stages (similar to the UPSC IAS Exam)
Stage 1: RAS Pre – One Paper – Objective Type – 200 Marks
Stage 2: RAS Mains – 4 Papers – Theory/Descriptive – 800 Marks Total
Stage 3: RAS Interview/Personality Test/Viva-voce – 100 Marks
The RPSC Syllabus for RAS exam can be divided into two parts:
- RAS Pre Syllabus
- RAS Syllabus – Mains
RPSC RAS Pre Syllabus
The RAS Pre Exam is a screening test and marks are not counted for the final merit list.
The Syllabus for all RPSC exams can be viewed on the official website of the commission – (https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/)
RAS Pre Syllabus and Pattern is as follows:
• One Exam
• Subject Name – General Knowledge and General Science
• Max Marks – 200
• Duration – 3 Hrs
• Negative Marking – Yes (1/3rd of the marks allocated for the question)
• Number of Question – 150
• Syllabus – The syllabus can be subdivided into topics/section focusing on Rajasthan and general topics
The RPSC RAS syllabus (Prelims) is similar to UPSC Prelims Syllabus. However, as aspirants can see on the linked page, the UPSC Prelims comprises 2 papers and there are other subtle but significant differences.
Many civil service aspirants prepare simultaneously for State PSC Exams and UPSC Civil Service Exam.
Aspirants can check our UPSC 2020 page for free study material and preparation strategy as they are also preparing for IAS Exam.
The common sections/topics/aspects in the syllabus of RAS exam and IAS exam are:
- Current Affairs – Events of national and international importance
- History – Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Ancient Indian History NCERT Notes
- Medieval Indian History NCERT Notes
- Modern Indian History NCERT Notes
- Classroom Notes – Ancient Indian History
- Classroom Notes – Medieval Indian History
- Classroom Notes – Modern Indian History
3. Geography – Indian, World
4. Indian Polity
5. Indian Economy
6. Science and Technology
RPSC Syllabus for RAS Mains
- The RAS Syllabus for Mains comprises 4 theory papers of 200 marks each. The papers consist of short, medium and long answer questions.
- There are no optional papers in the syllabus for RAS Mains, unlike the UPSC Mains Syllabus
- Marks in the RAS Mains along with the Interview marks are counted for the final merit list.