Union Women and Child Development Minister, Smriti Zubin Irani launched “Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi”, an Early Childhood Care and Education program under Mission Saksham Anganwadis and Poshan 2.0 on 12th May.
Read also:- A Sustainable Model for Women’s Leadership
An overview of the news
Under this campaign, work will be done in Anganwadi’s across the country to provide nutrition as well as better education to children in the age group of 3 to 6 years.
There are about 13 lakh 90 thousand Anganwadis across the country, in which work is being done to provide better nutrition as well as better education to the students.
Anganwadi workers are being trained by NIPCID regarding the mental development of children aged 3 to 6 years under the National Education Policy 2020.
More than 51 lakh activities have been conducted by the Ministry in Gram Panchayats, as well as emphasis is being laid on early education for children coming to Anganwadis through toys made in India.
About Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0
- The scheme was approved by the Government of India for implementation during the 15th Finance Commission period 202l-22 to 2025-26.
- It is an Integrated Nutrition Support Programme.
- It has been implemented to address the challenges of malnutrition among children, adolescent girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- The restructured scheme consists of ICDS, POSHAN Abhiyaan, Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) and National Creche Scheme.
Read also:- Indian Wrestlers’ Protests-WFI
Objectives of Poshan 2.0
- Address challenges of malnutrition
- Contribute to the development of human capital of the country
- Promote nutrition awareness and good eating habits for better health
- Addressing nutritional deficiencies through key strategies
Read also: Evolution Of Atmosphere
“Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi” , “Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi”
“Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi”, “Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi”